03 Nov 2021
Lebny Yoghurt Balls
- Lebny are cheese-like creamy balls that have a real tangy flavour being made from goats milk yoghurt.
- They are perfect on their own spread on toasted bread, crackers or in wraps and even better with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of fresh herbs such as oregano and mint or dry herb mixes such as Sumac and Dukka.
- Lebny is a good replacement for sour cream and is often enjoyed as a dip topped with sauces such as Zaatar Sauce or Zhoug and served with crudités.
- It is delicious in pastries, and as it does not curdle at high temperatures, it can be used to flavour and thicken stews giving it that lovely sour taste.
- They are fabulous rolled into crushed nuts or herbs and tossed into in salads or used as stuffing for bell peppers.
- For those with a sweet tooth, Lebny is amazing with a drizzle of honey or date molasses with sliced dry fruits such as figs and a sprinkle of pistachios.