Molly, the owner and chandler (the official name for a candle maker – we know because we Googled it) at Littlemore Candle Co. started out making candles as gifts for friends and family. Enjoying the therapeutic effects of pouring hot wax into glass jars and the romantic alchemy of blending different fragrances and essential oils to find the perfect mix, Molly switched up from hobbyist to entrepreneur. She set up Littlemore Candle Company in the small village of Littlemore, determined to forge a successful brand from a favourite pastime.
- The Wax - our candles are made in small batches from 100% soy wax. Derived from soya beans, this plant-based alternative to petroleum-based paraffin wax burns longer and more cleanly, providing a more efficient and more eco-friendly way to enjoy candles.
- The Crystals – Each of the candles in the Littlemore range is decorated with a specially selected crystal, with properties that complement that particular fragrance.
- The Essential Oils and Ethically Sourced Fragrances – Our candles are made with specially blended essential oils and fragrances and each one will take you on a different journey.
- The Hand-Harvested Botanicals – Rural Oxfordshire is our home and our stomping ground and our roots are hugely important to the Littlemore Candle Co brand. While our crystals and essential oils have often had quite the adventure to reach us, our hand-harvest botanicals are foraged from fields and hedgerows right on our doorstep.
- Environmental Awareness – Wherever possible, we try to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment. We have worked hard to ensure that all our packaging is biodegradable and the presentation boxes and candle tins and jars can be recycled after use.